(From left to right) Kim Go-Eun and Park Hae-Jin
Based on a webcomic, Cheese in the Trap is a South Korean TV drama that depicts the complicated yet realistic relationship between two university students.
TV Series Details…
- Korean title: Cheese in the Trap, 치즈인더트랩, Chijeuindeoteuraeb
- Director: Lee Yoon-Jung
- Screenwriter: Kim Nam Hee
- Cast: Park Hae-Jin, Kim Go-Eun, Seo Kang-Joon, Lee Sung-Kyung, Nam Joo-Hyuk, Park Min-Ji
- Country: South Korea
- Language: Korean
- Genre: Drama, comedy, romance, youth and coming-of-age
- Network: tvN
- Seasons: 1
- Episodes: 16
- Release date: January 4th, 2016 – March 1st, 2016
- Lowest rating: episode 1
- Highest rating: episode 9 and episode 10
Did You Know…
- Cheese in the Trap is based on a popular manhwa/webtoon by Soonkki.
- The lead female role was first offered to member of Kpop girl group Miss A, Suzy Bae, but declined it.
- Although actress Kim Go-Eun declined the lead role offered to her due to scheduling issues, she eventually accepted it after director Lee Yoon-Jung repeatedly asked and insisted on taking the role.
- This is Kim Go-Eun’s first drama to take part in.
- The dramas’ production crew took a different direction to the original webtoon, starting from episode 10.
- Due to the controversy led by the disappointing ending and less-than-satisfactory direction that angered fans, most of the cast and crew left for vacation to get away from the chaos.
- A 2017 movie adaptation is currently in the process, starring the original male actor Park Hae-Jin and a new lead actress.